Job Description: The Business Analyst assists in implementation of technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly too all stakeholders, facilitators and partners. Incumbents in this position perform professional duties related to the review, assessment, and development of business processes. Focus is on the effective use of resources, both people and technology, in the execution of the customer’s mission. The Business Analyst will support multiple development efforts.
The Business Analyst will support development of technical solutions for a customer’s problems by:
- Consulting with customer to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Defining and documenting the customer’s business functions and processes. Identify opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assist in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes. Model customer’s processes (as-is) and applies technology & process automation to create to-be process
- Analyzing the feasibility of, and develop functional requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensure the system design fits the needs of the users. Elicits, analyzes & document customer’s functional requirements. Develop, review and update Business Use Cases. Review & Edit Design Use Cases.
- Tracking and fully documenting changes to functional and business specifications; write detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Planning, organizing and conducting business process re-engineering/improvement efforts.
- Supporting development of test cases. Participate in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality
- Providing technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching professional and technical staff.
- Developing training curriculum and conducting formal training sessions.
Business Analyst will also work with executive management to develop detailed statement of work documents and deliverable schedules to be included in subcontracting agreements.
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Type: Full time with competitive benefits package
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related IT discipline required.
Experience: At least 5 years relevant work experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience (within last 3 years) eliciting functional requirements, developing use cases, and training.
- Technical understanding of the software development life cycle.
Strong oral and written communication skills. At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Software development experience
- Knowledge and experience in BPMN
- Relevant experience with the full spectrum of the Department of Defense acquisition processes and life cycle and acquisition management
- Coursework in Operations Research
- Experience in Modeling & Simulation
Submission Instructions (Non-complying submissions will not be considered):
- Reference Business Analyst in all correspondence
- Eligibility for a Security Clearance is required
- Resumes must be 3 pages or less and provide description of how qualifying technologies were used. You may also submit a one page cover letter (optional but desired) stating your career objectives and how your qualifications and interest align with our requirements.
- You must complete the applicant profile by clicking Apply Here at the bottom of the page. The process for submitting all information is not complete until you hit the submit button.
If you are interested in being considered for employment at Edaptive Computing Inc., you need to apply on-line using our electronic application. If, due to a disability, you need assistance in completing the on-line application, contact the Edaptive's Human Resources Department at (937) 433 - 0477. Please indicate the specific assistance needed. Note: This option is reserved for those with disabilities only.