Software and Process Quality Assurance Engineer
As a member of the Software and Process Quality Assurance team, the SPQA engineer will be responsible for assuring quality of Edaptive’s products and processes across the software development lifecycle. Primary duties will include:• Performing audits of software development and project management processes using standard process descriptions and requirements
• Identifing issues in process compliance and collaborate with stakeholders to resolve issues
• Providing insight to process improvement team members on potential process improvements
• Performing formal tests of products using existing test scripts and specifications to ensure that systems meet quality standards and conform to requirements
• Developing Test Plans which identify functional testing areas
• Writing Test Scripts and Test reports for specific product testing
• Reviewing requirements documents and design specifications for completeness, consistency, and clarity
• Reviewing user documentation for accuracy, completeness and consistency
• Maintaining software testing environment through build installation, server configuration, and general product configuration
Full time with competitive benefits package--Cutting-edge projects.
--Friendly team environment.
--South Dayton location; close to I-675 and Dayton Mall.
Must demonstrate an attention to detail and the organizational skills to test, retest and record problems and ensure that they have been corrected
Proficient writing and interpersonal skills are needed to gather information and communicate results of work to associates
Experience with the any or all of the following is preferred:
• JUnit 1.4+ Testing
• Cruise Control or other continuous integration platforms
• Net beans
• MS Access
• MS Project
Experience with CMMI-DEV 1.3 is preferred
Experience with standards like ISO9000, and IEEE SW Standards is desirable
Familiarity and/or certification with Software Quality Engineer Certification - Body of Knowledge are also a bonus
Educational and Experience Requirements
BS Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 2-3 year's experience in software development, testing, or related discipline. Consideration may be given to relevant professional level experience as an offset to the formal education requirement.
(Non-complying submissions will not be considered)
Reference Software and Process Quality Assurance Engineer in all correspondence
Eligibility for a Security Clearance is required
Resumes must be 3 pages or less and provide description of how qualifying technologies were used. You may also submit a one page cover letter (optional but desired) stating your career objectives and how your qualifications and interest align with our requirements.
You must complete the applicant profile by clicking Apply Here at the bottom of the page. The process for submitting all information is not complete until you hit the submit button.