The Contracts Specialist will be responsible for management of the contracting process and workflow, including the drafting, reviewing, and revising of contracts for services and supplies and the negotiation and administration of contracts with government agencies, government contractors, colleges and universities, and other subcontractors. The Contracts Specialist will interact with and take direction from senior-level management and executives to construct contractual documents. The Contracts Specialist will be responsible for the maintenance of the contracts database and corresponding documentation. The Contracts Specialist should have experience with subcontract management and related contractual documents. The Contracts Specialist will also assist in government-furnished property management, proposal preparation, project management, monthly program reviews, and other miscellaneous tasks, as assigned.
Edaptive Computing, Inc., Dayton, Ohio
Full time with competitive benefits package
• Strong written communication skills, including the capability to draft contractual documents according to templates.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Strong oral communication skills, including the ability to convey problematic contractual issues to internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong attention to detail, including the ability to review large amounts of documentation and spot errors and inconsistencies.
• Basic knowledge of FARS and DFARS clauses and contracting concepts.
• Ability to coordinate among multiple stakeholders to execute contractual agreements.
• Ability to evaluate subcontractor proposals, including knowledge of pricing and cost methodology.
• Proficiency with MS Office programs and Adobe PDF files.
• Ability to work independently, multitask, and meet deadlines.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a business, legal, or English-related discipline.
Educational and Experience Requirements
At least 2 years relevant work experience.
• Graduate education
(Non-complying submissions will not be considered)
Reference Contracts Specialist in all correspondence
Eligibility for a Security Clearance is required
Resumes must be 3 pages or less and provide description of how qualifying technologies were used. You may also submit a one page cover letter (optional but desired) stating your career objectives and how your qualifications and interest align with our requirements.
You must complete the applicant profile by clicking Apply Here at the bottom of the page. The process for submitting all information is not complete until you hit the submit button.
If you are interested in being considered for employment at Edaptive Computing Inc., apply on-line using our electronic application. If, due to a disability, you need assistance in completing the on-line application, contact the Edaptive's Human Resources Department at (937) 433 - 0477. Please indicate the specific assistance needed. Note: This option is reserved for those with disabilities only.
EOE, including Disability/Vets
EOE, including Disability/Vets