Contracts Specialist / Recruitment Assistant
- Managing the contracting process and workflow, including the drafting, reviewing, and revising of contracts for services and supplies and the negotiation and administration of contracts with government agencies, government contractors, colleges and universities, and subcontractors.
- Coordinating with and taking direction from senior management and executives to construct contractual documents and achieve organizational goals.
- Maintaining the contracts database and corresponding contractual documents.
- Supporting the subcontracting and purchasing processes by managing subcontractors and vendors.
- Assisting with government-furnished property management, proposal preparation, project management, technical writing, monthly program reviews, and other miscellaneous tasks, as assigned.
- Scheduling interviews with candidates
- Reviewing employment applications
- Contacting potential candidates
- Conducting applicant reference checks
- Coordinating the completion of new hire paperwork
- Conducting new hire orientation
- Answering and directing incoming phone calls
- Coordinating general facility maintenance issues
- Assisting with maintaining office cleanliness
- Assisting with meeting preparation and clean-up
- Greeting guests and clients with enthusiasm
- Facilitating the sending/receiving of packages and mail
Full-time with competitive benefits package.
Educational and Experience Requirements
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written communication skills, including the capability to draft contractual documents according to templates.
- Strong oral communication skills, including the ability to convey problematic contractual issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to review large amounts of documentation and spot errors and inconsistencies.
- Working knowledge of FAR and DFARS clauses and contracting concepts.
- Ability to coordinate among multiple stakeholders to execute contractual agreements.
- Ability to evaluate subcontractor proposals, including knowledge of pricing and cost methodology.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and Adobe PDF files.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent people skills.
- Ability to manage confidential and proprietary information.
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience.
Enhancing Skills and Abilities
- Graduate education in a business or legal discipline
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA) certifications
- Experience in the Department of Defense (DoD) Industrial Base
- Experience with facility maintenance
- Experience with recruiting software
(Non-complying submissions will not be considered)
Reference Contracts Specialist/Recruitment Assistant in all correspondence.
Eligibility for a Security Clearance is required.
Resumes must be 3 pages or less and provide description of how qualifying technologies were used. You may also submit a one-page cover letter (optional but desired) stating your career objectives and how your qualifications and interest align with our requirements.
You must complete the applicant profile by clicking “Apply Here” at the bottom of the page. The process for submitting all information is not complete until you hit the submit button.