Front-end Engineer – Web Applications
Edaptive Computing, Inc. (ECI) is currently seeking a Front-end Engineer/Developer. The Edaptive Front-end Engineer ensures that ECI Frameworks and products meet technical requirements while providing a user-friendly experience. This position acts as a bridge between designers (UI/UX) and back-end programmers.
Full time with competitive benefits package
• Drive development and internal standards on all technical aspects of front-end delivery
• Expert in front-end management and delivery tools (gulp/babel/webpack/etc.)
• Heavy focus on performance in large-scale web applications
• Stays abreast of new technologies. Proposes and implements new processes and techniques. Proposes inclusion of new technology into existing products and new solutions.
• Focus on building modular layouts, reusable code and libraries for future use
• Architecture and setup of client-side unit tests
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Help set technical standards and best practices for the front-end team
• In-depth knowledge web front-end engineering best practices and techniques.
• Adept at using web services (APIs) to build front-end applications
• Expert-level knowledge in front-end technologies html, css
• Experience with a variety of HTML frameworks (eg: bootstrap)
• Expert-level knowledge of css preprocessors (LESS/SCSS/SASS)
• Experience with ES6+
• Experience with Typescript
• Proven experience in breaking large-scale web applications into modular parts to fine-tune the performance of the application for speed and scalability
• Experience in software design patterns and best practices as they relate to front end
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities while maintaining focus on core responsibility.
• Excitement and eagerness to learn new technology.
• Desire to work in an Agile software development environment.
• Ability to obtain a security clearance.
• 5+ years’ experience with front-end web technologies
Educational and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science. 6 years of relevant experience or training can be substituted for the degree requirement.
• Experience with Git.
• Experience with Node.js
• Experience using cloud services to enhance the delivery of application resources
• Experience with Angular
• Experience with automated web UI testing (selenium, puppeteer, etc.)
• Advanced experience with TypeScript
• Experience using GraphQL
• Advanced experience in DevOps and using automation/measurement to streamline deployments and development activities.
(Non-complying submissions will not be considered)
Reference Front-end Engineer – Web Applications in all correspondence
Eligibility for a Security Clearance is required
Resumes must be 3 pages or less and provide description of how qualifying technologies were used. You may also submit a one page cover letter (optional but desired) stating your career objectives and how your qualifications and interest align with our requirements.
You must complete the applicant profile by clicking Apply Here at the bottom of the page. The process for submitting all information is not complete until you hit the submit button.
If you are interested in being considered for employment at Edaptive Computing Inc., apply on-line using our electronic application. If, due to a disability, you need assistance in completing the on-line application, contact the Edaptive's Human Resources Department at (937) 433 - 0477. Please indicate the specific assistance needed. Note: This option is reserved for those with disabilities only.
EOE, including Disability/Vets
EOE, including Disability/Vets