Junior Data Scientist
The Junior Data Scientist will be responsible for examining and identifying patterns in different types of data formats, including ordinal, nominal, discrete, continuous, spatial, and temporal. This role includes cleaning and preprocessing the data prior to statistical analysis, extracting descriptive statistics from the target data, and performing inferential statistical analysis to identify features about the parent population(s). This role also includes leveraging state of the art and open-source software packages, such as SAS, R, PyTorch, and others to build automated pipelines to streamline data analyses. The developer will research and develop applications leveraging exploratory data analysis, machine learning techniques, and assist in transition to production applications through software prototypes and experimentation. The role applies proven problem-solving, analytical and communication skills to successfully apply complex techniques and tools to automate the analysis of large, complex data.
Full time with competitive benefits package• Cutting-edge projects.
• Friendly team environment.
• South Dayton location; close to I-675 and Dayton Mall.
BS Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, IT, or Mathematics.
Educational and Experience Requirements
Consideration may be given to relevant professional level experience as an offset to the formal education requirement.
• Experience in data pre-processing, parametric & non-parametric inferential statistics
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with various relational and non-relational databases
• Experience in programming in Python and understanding of the software development life cycle
• Highly motivated, self-learner, and technically inquisitive
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels (i.e. Management, CM, Development, etc.)
• Programming experience
• Knowledge of supervised, unsupervised, and semi-supervised machine learning techniques, such as SVM, K-means, KNN, decision tree, and random forest algorithms
• Practical knowledge of open-source machine learning frameworks
(Non-complying submissions will not be considered)• Reference Junior Data Scientist in all correspondence
• Eligibility for a Security Clearance is required
• Resumes must be 3 pages or less and provide description of how qualifying technologies were used. You may also submit a one page cover letter (optional but desired) stating your career objectives and how your qualifications and interest align with our requirements.
• You must complete the applicant profile by clicking Apply Here at the bottom of the page. The process for submitting all information is not complete until you hit the submit button.
If you are interested in being considered for employment at Edaptive Computing Inc., apply on-line using our electronic application. If, due to a disability, you need assistance in completing the on-line application, contact the Edaptive's Human Resources Department at (937) 433 - 0477. Please indicate the specific assistance needed. Note: This option is reserved for those with disabilities only.
EOE, including Disability/Vets
EOE, including Disability/Vets